TGIF everyone! I don’t know about you, but I want to fill my weekends with self care. I want to remind you all that self care is not selfish. Since I have weekends off, I always try to make some time for myself — whether it’s relaxing on my couch with Netflix, or doing something that I enjoy. So, without further adue, here is what I do to practice selfcare on the weekends.
- Make time to do things that I enjoy: Whether it’s sitting on my couch knitting while watching Netflix, hanging out with my friends, or going to my favorite bookstore, I always try to make time to do something fun that I will get excited about. It not only gives me something to look forward to, it helps me feel as though I have control over my schedule.
- Do nothing: I can’t spend my entire weekend just sitting on the couch, because I typically have chores to do. However, I usually make sure I spend one night just watching something, whether that may be vlogs, movies or TV shows. Whenever I do, I always feel relaxed.
- Pamper myself: I try to do some kind of mask on the weekends, whether it’s for my hair or for my skin. This always makes me feel good about myself, which is always a great way to begin the week on a high note.
- Treat myself: Weekends are for treating yourself — whether it’s having a day where you don’t cook, buying a new pair of earrings, or just getting ice cream. Whatever the case may be, treating myself is sometimes needed for self care.
- Say no: It’s the weekend. Sometimes, I don’t want to have a series of social engagements. And, that’s okay. It’s okay to say no to events or social gatherings if you had a long week just to recover. Your friends will understand. Trust me.