One of the things that I’ve seen a lot of in recent years is the denim jackets with the bride’s new last name. It is great for pictures, and honestly extremely easy to DIY.
I was inspired to take out my Cricut to do so, and I debuted it at my shower at last weekend. Today, I am sharing how to make one for yourself. I will preface this by saying that I am still a novice with my Cricut, so this is easy for beginners as well. I plan to also give this as a gift to all new brides that I know, because it’s something that I got compliments on all throughout my shower.
What You Need:
Cricut Machine (I have the Cricut Joy)
Cricut Iron On Paper
Jean Jacket, which you could use one that you own or get one off of Amazon. I got this one here, and I loved having the pearls.
Cricut Tools (particularly the weeding tool)
Cricut Smart Press
Matt on the back of jacket.
Start by downloading/opening up Cricut Design Space.
Create Your Design. I used sunflowers on mine because sunflowers are my favorite flowers, however, you can customize it to almost anything.
Print the design on the Cricut Machine.
Once everything is printed, go ahead and weed out everything that you do not need.
Preheat your Cricut Smart Press.
Once the smart press is preheated, go ahead and lay the jacket on on a surface underneath.
Following the instructions listed here, go ahead and do it for the temperature listed for the type of fabric/iron on that you’re using.
Once the time is finished, make sure that you got the whole design.
Let the design cool. I’d recommend you give it about five minutes, or so.
This past weekend was my bridal shower, and it was everything and more that I dreamed of. It was put together by my future mother in law, bridesmaids, and stepmother. I am so blown away by the amount of love that I received, and I know that my future husband and I are extremely lucky to have so many wonderful people in our lives to support us as we embark on this journey.
I wanted to take a moment to share some of the details of my outfit, as well as many of the small details that we had as part of my special day, because we do not gate keep on the Nutmeg Millennial.
The decor was also me to a t as well. Sunflowers were my favorite flowers, and they were the main theme. Furthermore, my bridesmaids made sure that they incorporated pictures of my fiance and I over the years, as well as my love for reading. It was a very Natalie shower, and I am so blessed for all the love and work that went into it.
I still can’t believe that this is the last day of May, and I am sitting here writing my end of the month favorites. I have a lot of fun favorites to share with everyone.
1. ENewton Bracelets: I just recently discovered this brand of bracelets, and I am so obsessed with them. The quality of them is amazing, and it’s something that I can wear pretty much all of the time. I love the sterling silver/two toned bracelets. They are so comfortable to wear, and they are also something that you can wear stacked with other bracelets.
2. Off Campus series: I read the entire Off Campus Series by Elle Kennedy this month, and I am not ashamed. For years, I thought that I wouldn’t like her books. I was sadly mistaken. This series is about four hockey players and their romances. I really enjoyed the series, and I will be reading the other books as well.
3. Pilates: I have been obsessed with Pilates as of late. I’ve been taking classes both in person and on YouTube, and I’ve been loving it. Yes, it burns; however, I just feel so good about my body afterwards.
4. LOLA Pendants: LOLA stands for “love one love all.” I have been wearing these pendants stacked or on their own. Made on Cape Cod, the quality of this jewelry is amazing. My favorite stack is a mixture of the evil eye and the mermaid.
5. Cushionare Sandals: I love these sandals. I recently bought them on Amazon, and they are so comfy to wear to yoga, around the house, and more. I could also see myself wearing them to the beach as well. Overall, these shoes are amazing and I definitely recommend them if you love them,
6. Portland Leather Medium Crossbody: Portland Leather Goods is a new handbag brand for me, but it’s quickly becoming one of my favorites. I love this bag, because I can fit my everyday essentials and it’s not heavy. Plus, it fits my Kindle, which is something that is crucial as well.
7. Lululemon Everywhere Belt Bag: This bag is something that I know has gone viral, but it’s gone viral for a reason. This bag is secure, and I’ve been using this as a bag to bring to the gym and to yoga as of late. I definitely recommend getting this bag for the summer if you haven’t already.
I can not believe that I am sitting here writing my list of summer style essentials. 2023 has flown by, and I can not believe that we are almost in June. That said, now that Memorial Day has come and gone, summer is unofficially here, and I can’t think of any better time to share some of my summer style essentials for this year. I’m sure this list will grow as the season goes on, but here are the ones that have made the list for now.
Lululemon Everywhere Belt Bag: I have been obsessed with this bag since probably last summer. This is the perfect bag to use on the daily. You can bring it to the gym, on a walk, to the beach, to the airport, to your daily errands, and so much more. This bag is definitely on the more causal side but it’s definitely functional, especially on the days you want to go hands-free.
Budhagirl Bangles: When I first started using these bracelets, I couldn’t help but think that these would be excellent for summertime use, as they are kind of plastic-y. But, don’t be fooled by that description. These gorgeous bangles are soundless, and make it easy to wear at the office as well. I can’t help but wear them in all kinds of situations, and the fact you can wear them in the water is an added bonus.
Cushionare Sandles: These are on my favorite sandals, because they are so comfortable. I love wearing these around the house, to errands, and to yoga class, but as beach season begins, I can see myself using them as an easy pair of slides.
Cape Cod Jewelry: Cape Cod jewelry is not just worn for summer for me. It’s worn all year long. I pretty much have the entire Lestage line up at this point, and I have not taken off my Cape Cod bracelets since they were purchased at this time last year. I love them because they are durable and classic pieces.
Sundresses: I pretty much live in sundresses from May to September. They are easy, they are cool, and they are comfortable. Therefore, they are an essential part of my summer wardrobe.
Birkenstock Sandals: I pretty much live in my Birksenstock shoes from May to October. I was told by my chiropractor that these are the best for arch support, as well as back. I just love them because they are shoes that will go with almost anything that I am wearing.
TGIF, everyone, and this Friday is an especially exciting one, as we are heading into a long weekend, and I need the long weekend to recharge my batteries, and to be productive. If you have noticed, I have been radio silent on the blog lately due to being overwhelmed with the wedding and work at the same time. However, I did want to sit down and write a Friday Faves post, as it’s one of my favorites to write. So, without further a due, here are this week’s favorites:
The Senator’s Wife by Liv Constantine: I’ve been doing so much reading lately, and I devoured Liv Constatine’s latest release in a matter of a few days. You might recognize this author’s name — this dynamic duo wrote The Last Mrs. Parrish, which is another favorite of mine. This one is about Sloane Montgomery, who unexpectedly marries her husband’s cousin’s husband post-tragedy. Sloane, who was diagnosed with Lupus, has a hip replacement surgery, and her condition begins to deteriorate rapidly. This book was amazing, and I couldn’t stop reading to figure out was going to happen next.
Embroidery: Just what I need — another craft to occupy my time with. I recently ordered a few kits off of Amazon, and I am obsessed. I have been doing it while watching TV, and trust me, it is so relaxing.
The Last Thing He Told Me by Laura Dave: Guys, do not sleep on a Reese Witherspoon pick. This one tells the story of Hannah, whose husband Owen disappears after his company gets exposed. He leaves her with a message, protect her, and she scrambles to figure out where is he. She soon learns that he is not the man that he claims to be, and goes on a mission to find out who the man truly is. I was obsessed with this book from start to finish, and I am pretty sure I’m going to be watching the show ASAP.
Briar U series by Elle Kennedy: Surprise, another book series to share. I thought for the longest time that I was not going to like Elle Kennedy. However, I devoured the first three books in the span of a week, and just finished the fourth earlier in the week. I also have already gotten several of her other books, and I am obsessed.
ENewton Bracelets: On this episode of Instagram made me do it, we have eNewton bracelets. They are my new favorite because they stack so well with other bracelets. And, you all know that I love a good bracelet stack. I currently have a few of the sterling silver pieces, and it looks amazing.
Riley Crossbody: I found my summer bag, guys. And, it’s super affordable too, coming in at one $34. And if you know me, you know that I am a designer bag fiend. I love this bag, because not only is it vegan leather, but you can convert it to a wristlet OR a crossbody. I love that, because then you can have a bag for different situations.
We are almost six months into 2023, and I will say that my style has changed so much since January 1. For example, I have been looking for more understated, functional bags that will get me through my daily life and activities. So, it is no surprise to me that none of these bags are considered to be a high end lux brand. However, I love them just as much — if not more — than my luxury pieces.
So, here are my top 5 most used bags of 2023 — thus far:
1. Lululemon Side Cinch Shopper Tote: This is my favorite bag. I own three colors of this, and I use this every single day. I have one for work, one for yoga class, and one that has multiple uses. I love it because it can fit everything that you would need, and is so lightweight and easy. I can also see this bag being used as a bag for the beach and for travel throughout the summer.
2. Lululemon Everywhere Belt Bag: This is by far the most functional bag in the world. I have this in the regular size and the large. I love them both. I like it because it keeps everything secure when you’re going about your errands, the beach, and more. I’ve used this bag hiking, walking, and even on a quick trip to Target. Out of all these bags that I’m talking about, this is the one bag that I definitely recommend picking up.
3. Longchamp Le Pliage Bag: This is by far my favorite tote bag of all time. I have this in so many different colors, and the ones that I purchased four years ago is still amazing. I love this bag because it fits everything you may need, all without being too heavy. I also love this bag, because it’s so easy to store. You literally just fold it up and you’re good to go. Longchamp totes are slowly making their way back in style (not that they went out in my opinion), and I recommend this bag so much.
4. Baggu Medium Crescent Bag: I love this bag because it’s basically like a belt bag, but functional. I mean, it’s viral for a reason, folks. I love this purse because it is so comfortable to wear, and since it’s so secure, it’s perfect for day trips and every day use. Furthermore, this bag hold so much. I can fit my everyday essentials, and it’s still pretty light weight. Furthermore, I love how this bag looks. Therefore, you already know that I am reaching for this bag again and again.
5. Polene Number Un: This is probably the most expensive out of all of the bags, and today, I’m going to talk about the nano and the regular. I love this bag because it’s just a classic style, and the craftsmanship is just amazing on it. It is also one of the most unique bags that I have purchased, and it goes with so much. I currently have the brown, black, and light gray color, and I love them all.
What are your top five most used bags this year? Let me know in the comments below.
As the summer season approaches, I am so excited to break out my sandals. One pair that has been on my wishlist for years is the Hermès Oran Sandals, which are a classic staple for any wardrobe. Even though these sandals are a classic, and will never go out of style, they also are $660. And, as much as I know I would get use out of them, I just can’t justify that for footwear that will only be worn a few months out of the year, and may come in contact with sand.
This year, Steve Madden introduced the Hayden sandal, which looks like the Oran’s twin sister, with a much better price tag of $80. The Hayden comes in several colors, including denim, a classic cognac, and the ultra trendy green. I picked up three pairs — the green, cognac, and the black.
I’ve only worn these a few times, but I already can see these pairing wonderfully with my work clothes, jeans, and more. I love these because they are comfortable, and even though they are a dupe, they are good quality. I don’t have to baby them, which is a huge deal during the summer time.
This summer if the Hermès Oran is on your wishlist, be sure to check out this look for less before dropping hundreds on the real thing.
My wedding day is less than two months away (gasp, ensue panic and excitement), and I’ve been purchasing quite a few things for my special day. For those of you who are not new here, my fiance and I are doing a small ceremony by the water, followed by a larger reception after. That said, I wanted to share some of the things that I got for my wedding, because we do not gate keep around here.
1. Bouquet Memorial Charm: One of the hardest things about this time off my life is that my mother is not going to be here to see it. When I first got engaged, my mother in law to be suggested getting this charm. I finally got around to ordering it, and I’m so glad that I waited because I wanted to find the perfect picture to use. The one I ended up going with was a picture of my mother and my grandfather, who was more like a father figure for me. The charm will go in my bouquet, which makes me feel like both of them are walking me down the aisle.
2. Memorial Ribbon: The second mom memorial I purchased was this little sash. We’re going to do a memorial table at our reception, but I wanted something that separated my mother from the grandparents, so I got this sash to drape on her photo. I unfortunately can’t link this one, as it is no longer available and could not find one similar.
3. Dog of Honor Bandanna: One of the reasons why we’re choosing to do our wedding this way is so that Lucy can be a part of it. Needless to say, Lucy needed something special to wear, hence the dog of honor bandanna.
4. Barrette: I do not plan to wear a veil, but I wanted to have a special barrette to wear, so I got this to put in my hair from Amazon.
5. Sign: I made this at Words on Wood in Wallingford, but I feel like you can get these from almost anywhere. I love this sign because it has all of our important dates. Here is a similar version here.
6. Polaroid Camera: Instead of doing a traditional guestbook, I wanted to put my own flair to it. I want to have a table with Instax Minis so people can take their photos and then have fun with it. I already had one from college, but I wanted to grab a second one to add to the fun.
Happy Cinco De Mayo everyone! It is hard to believe that I am sitting here writing my first list of favorites for the month of May. This week has been really taxing on my mental health, and while I am glad to be back with a post, I am looking forward to giving myself some TLC this weekend, something that is much needed.
This week’s of favorites is a little bit of everything, and I am really looking forward to sharing them with you. So, without further a due, here are this week’s favorites:
Lola Pendants: Lola, which stands for Love One Love All (love that by the way), is a brand that I’ve been loving for the last year or so. The necklaces are gorgeous and they have a huge variety of symbols to choose from. Lately, I’ve been loving layering a mini/small with a small/medium. They are great to wear every day, and the symbols are amazing. My collection has grown over the last year, but my favorite is the 16 inch ball chain, the hamsa pendant, the evil eye, and the zodiac one in my sign, which is cancer. They come in all sorts of colors, but I honestly tend to gravitate towards the neutral ones so I can wear it with most things.
Saint X by Alexis Schtaikin: I loved this book so much. This basically tells the story about a young girl named Allison, who is murdered during her family’s vacation on an island. To this day, no one knows what happened to her. A majority of the book is told through her sister’s point of view. I am going to be honest, here. I was not interested in this book for a long time, but wanted to read this before watching the show. And, it was totally worth the read.
The Deal by Elle Kennedy: Surprise, another book to share! This one is a book that I was not sure why everyone liked, because I read another book by another with a similar name that I hated. Therefore, I stayed away from Elle Kennedy. I then realized that that was a different author, and picked this guy up. So far, I am really loving this book, and I am already planning to read the other books in the Briar U series over the weekend.
Lily and Laura Bracelets: Everyone knows that I love stacking bracelets and have a massive collection of bracelets. My newest obsession is Lily and Laura. They are colorful, and they make such amazing additions to any stack. I’ve paired them with some TJazelle beaded bracelets, and was obsessed. I have a feeling that I will be creating more and more stacks with these bracelets in the summer months.
Guys, I can not believe that I am sitting here sharing my April favorites. This month feels like it has flown right by, and I am approaching less than two months before I say ‘I do,’ which is super exciting.
There are a lot of favorites this month that I have to share with you. Some of them are tangible items, while others are just content that I’ve been consuming. Nonetheless, I can’t wait to get into them with you:
1. Leslie Sandstone Walking App/Videos: I have been getting into walking and making sure that I hit 10,000 steps every single day. One of the ways that I do this is by watching Leslie Sandstone videos, or by using her app. On average, I get about 2,000 to 3,000 steps depending on what video I do. She also incorporates the entire body, which is something that I really enjoy.
2. Music: I’ve been listening to so much music lately. Some of the artists that I’ve had on repeat include: Suki Waterhouse, Collective Soul, Lana Del Rey, JoJo, and the Cab. There is something that is so amazing about listening to a song. Music truly changes your mood, and I’m really enjoying the time that I get to listen to my favorite songs.
3. Miranda Frye MF Cuff: This bracelet has become one of my go-tos for stacking and just wearing in general. I love this because it’s a great Cartier Love Bracelet dupe, and has amazing quality. I did get the gold one as well, but I’m really reaching for the silver one regularly.
4. Lululemon Dual Pouch Wristlet: For this to cause me to switch out of my beloved Louis Vuitton wallet, this little guy has to be good. I got this in a few colors, and I just love this wallet, because you can grab and go, or you can stick this in your bag if needed. As we all know, I am not gentle on my wallets, so I can honestly say that the quality of this is amazing.
5. Lululemon Side Cinch Tote: This bag has become my go-to work tote. I love it because there are pockets, so it doesn’t feel like everything goes into a giant black hole. I have three of them and I use them on the regular. I use one for work, one for yoga, and one for a change of clothes if I have a yoga class. At a price point of $58, this is an amazing alternative to the Louis Vuitton Neverfull, or dare I say it, the Longchamp Le Pliage bag.
6. Madewell Zip-Top Transport Crossbody bag:Madewell has become my go-to lately when it comes to purses. I love the leather bags, and this one is my favorite goldilocks bag — not too big, not too small. This fits everything I need on the regular, and I love it. You can see what I put in this bag by going to this post here.
7. Baggu Crescent Bag: My other favorite bag has been the Baggu Crescent bag, once again. I’ve been using this bag in rotation with the Madewell one, and I really love how comfortable this bag is. I also love how secure this bag, because it fits so close to the body, and it fits everything but the kitchen sink.