One of the effects of the COVID-19 outbreak is the fact that the gym is closed. Needless to say, many are trying to work out at home.
Honestly, I’ve been working out at home for pretty much my entire life. I find it not only much easier (especially considering the fact that I wake up at 5:30 a.m. to work out), but I find that it’s cheaper. Here are some ways that I do workout from home:
- Amazon Prime: Amazon Prime has so much more than The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. It also has a ton of great workout videos — from kickboxing to yoga. I find that this is an added bonus to having Prime, because I use this a lot.
- Jillian Micheals: Completing a Jillian Micheals shred workout is something that is on my bucket list. This is a great option for someone who is trying to get in shape because it gives you a complete workout. You can get the DVD on Amazon, or you can download the video to your devices. Disclaimer: you will need weights to complete this, so make sure that you have some on hand.
- Running/Walking Outside: Since we are spending quite a bit of time inside, it is more important than ever before to ensure to get outside and enjoy fresh air. So, on nice days, try to make sure that you get outside to enjoy the sunshine. One thing that I am trying to do is to try new places to hike in my state that are on my bucket list. Also as a bonus, it also has a calming effect on the body as well.
- Get a Mini Stairstepper: Money is going to be super tight these days, so I am not saying getting expensive equipment. That said, there are so many great workout options on Amazon that are less than $100. I have this mini stair stepper, and I absolutely love it. I use it while I am watching TV and it gives me a great leg workout. Furthermore, I also enjoy using this with arm weights to burn a few extra calories. I also love this, because it’s easy to store as well.
- Apps: There are quite a few apps — both paid and free — that are devoted to fitness. My favorite is FitOn, because it’s free, but you have Peloton, and so many others. I would definitely check those out on your phone’s App Store.
- YouTube: This last option is probably one of the cheaper ones. YouTube is such a great resource for anything, because you can get so much information for free. This includes workouts. This is a great option to check out as well, because you get a workout class for free essentially.
Hopefully these options will be helpful for getting a workout in during this difficult time. While this doesn’t apply to me, one final tip is to check with your gym to see if they are offering classes virtually as well. That is definitely a way to also keep them in business as well.
How are you getting a workout in without the gym? Let me know in the comments below.