I love doing the reading wrap-ups every month, and I am so glad to be continuing them again since I was taking a blogging break last month.
This month was a weird reading month. I read three very long fantasy novels, and also read (well listened to) an entire novel in a day. I also have read some of the Dash and Lily series after binge watching the series in two days.
December’s reading wrap up will likely consist of holiday reads. You can check out my holiday TBR by going to yesterday’s post. I also hope to get to the second Discovery of Witches novel (or at least start it) before the end of the year.
That said, here are all of the books that I read in November:
- Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness: I gave this book a rating of four out of five stars. I loved this book, because it was Twilight for grownups with a twist. I liked the romance and the angst in the novels and flew through the second half of the book. That said, I did not find it realistic that Diana fell in love so quickly with Matthew. Unlike Bella in Twilight, she was not a complete damsel in distress. However, I didn’t believe it, because of the fact that she was a professor and she was a witch. That said, I still enjoyed the novel, and hope to continue with the series in 2021.
- Presence by Marissa D’Angelo: I was gifted this book from the author, and will not rate that for that reason. The novel is about Adam, who follows in his father’s footsteps in becoming a photographer for a local newspaper. However, he is engrossed with the mystery of the local island. I will be writing a further review of this later on in the month, but in the mean time, you can check the book out here.
- From Blood and Ash by Jennifer L. Armentrout: I gave this book a rating of five out of five stars. This novel is about Poppy, who is the maiden. This means that she must remain pure and untouched. However, she is rebellious and learns how to fight despite this status. She is about to enter her Acension, which is something that she is terrified about. When she meets Hawke, her royal guard, she is challenged by a fallen kingdom, as well as the feelings of desire. I loved this book, and finished the second half of the book in a day. I loved that in the second half, there is a twist that I didn’t see coming, and I was left in awe.
- Kingdom of Flesh and Fire by Jennifer L. Armentrout: I gave this book a rating of four out of five stars. This is the sequel to From Blood and Ash, and because of that, I will not give much away. I liked this book, and I didn’t. I wanted more answers about Poppy’s history, and was disappointed when there wasn’t. I did love the romance in the novel, and I still enjoyed reading it.
- Didn’t See That Coming by Rachel Hollis: Remember that audiobook I was talking about earlier? Yeah, this is it. This is a great book to listen to if you’re going through something in life. I was so inspired and fired up after reading this and loved the audiobook. I gave this a solid five out of five stars.
- Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares by David Levithan and Rachel Cohn: I gave this book five out of five stars. “Imagine this: you’re in your favorite bookstore, scanning the shelves. You get to the section where a favorite author’s books reside, and there, nestled in comfortably between the incredibly familiar spines, sits a red notebook.” That begins Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares. I picked this book up after watching the movie and really enjoyed it. This was really cute, and I really enjoyed reading it. It was just what I needed to get into the holiday spirit.
- 12 Days of Dash and Lily by David Levithan and Rachel Cohn: I heard mixed reviews about the sequel, but I wanted to try it. And, I am glad that I did. I won’t give away much about the book, however, I did give it four out of five stars.
6 thoughts on “November Reading Wrap Ups/December TBR”
Thanks for sharing so many books. I read different genres than you do but I love knowing about everything since you just never know when something will catch your fancy.b
Exactly! I’m trying to get better about sharing the summaries.
I watched Dash and Lily and need to read the book and the sequel!
Loving the blogmas series! Keep them coming! I really need to take time to read more, I’ve always loved books.
Thank you so much for reading!
I hope that you get more time to read in the new year.