It’s safe to say that as we grow, we do spend money and later regret it. That is part of the learning process when it comes to managing money. However, there’s a lot of things that absolutely you have zero regrets doing. And, it’s important to recognize the positive things in life instead of dwelling on the negative.
So, here’s some of the best purchases I made in my 20s:
1. Car: I no longer own this car due to circumstances, but the best purchase that I made was buying a new car. My first car was a 2001 Honda Civic. When I started to drive a longer distance for work, more things have started to go wrong with it. Since it wasn’t an AWD car, I wasn’t able to travel in snow. I ended up purchasing a 2017 Chevy Trax in August 2017 and had zero regrets. Sure, it sucked having to make a car payment, but the amount of security I felt honestly was worth it.
Now I no longer own that car because when my mom died, I ended up using her car. However, buying a car honestly was the best purchase I could have made because it’s not worth having a car you don’t trust. Especially when you drive a lot.
2. Brita Filter: Getting a Brita Filter honestly was the best thing I could have done because it saves me so much money, because I never buy bottled water unless it’s an emergency. Since then, my grocery bill has gone down dramatically. It’s $17.99 initially, and then $17.99 for a set of three filters, which you change every three months.
I recommend this to anyone who is living out on their own because it not only helps you save some money on the grocery bill, it helps me drink more water since I don’t have to worry about running out. Since it’s a health purchase and a money saver, I highly recommend it.
3. Nespresso: I drink a lot of coffee and lattes. During quarantine, I honestly missed my Starbucks run. So, I took the plunge and purchased it. And, I have zero regrets.
Since then, I have used this pretty much every day. What I like about this is that it saves me $100 a month and it is a lot healthier than a latte from Starbucks. I recommend it to those who love Starbucks and drink a lot of coffee.
4. My Apple Watch: I have purchased my Apple Watch the week after my mom died and I have zero regrets. Prior to having it, I actually went through a ton of FitBits and they would die at least a year or so in. I’ve worn my watch since March 2019 everyday and it’s still going strong.
What I love about my watch is that it does so much. It tracks my steps. It does an ECG, which was helpful with dealing with the anxiety of heart health. Furthermore, I also love it that it answers my calls and I can text on it. I also use it for GPS, changing the song on my phone, and so much more. I also use it as motivation to move every hour, and it’s helped me so much with my fitness goals.
5. My Nook Glowlight Plus: Last but not least, my favorite purchase from this year was my Nook Glowlight Plus. This is my third Nook and this is by far my favorite because I love the size of the screen and the quality of it. I do have a Kindle, but I just love my Nook so much more. I think it’s because I had a Nook since the beginning. I also love it that it has buttons, which the Kindle does not have those. What I love about an e-reader is that you can take your entire library everywhere you go, and it makes it easier for you to take books anywhere that you go. This helps you fit in reading time whenever you have a moment to read.
So what are your favorite purchases of your 20s? Or in general? Let me know in the comments below.