Happy New Year and Happy 2020! I know. I still can’t believe that we are in 2020.
Like many of you out there, I have come up with a list of resolutions that I want to complete this year. This year, I want to focus on trying to create new, healthy habits versus punishing myself for a habit. I want to take 2020 as a year to grow. Therefore, here are my goals for the upcoming year. Well, some of them. There are a few that I want to keep for myself for personal reasons:
- Doing Workouts That I Love: I’ve done Jillian Micheals so many times. To me, it’s more like a punishment than a workout, which is something that I don’t like about exercise. Add in the fact that I’ve hurt myself, and it’s something that I really want to stop doing. I’ve found that I love kickboxing, yoga, and Zumba a lot to the point where I actually enjoy working out. Therefore, I want to instead of doing workouts that are painful, doing something that I enjoy.
- To Watch More TV Shows/Movies: I am the worst at binge watching tv shows because it is so hard for me to sit down and actually watch them. That, and I had crappy WiFi. However, this year I began to watch a lot more shows and movies than ever before. I have Disney Plus, Prime TV, and of course, Netflix. My goals are to watch some Disney Channel (you know the old school ones like Lizzie McGuire and Hannah Montana) and the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. I also can’t wait for P.S I Still Love You, so I am going to binge watch that with To All of the Boys I Loved Before. Needless to say, I’m going to have a lot more to watch this year.
- Read 52 Books: Every year, I always implement a reading challenge. And, every year, I always exceed the amount of books that I read. This year, I want to try to read one book a week at least. I have a bookstagram, so that always serves as a motivation to read. However, I want to slow down and smell the roses when it comes to reading. I want to read books and savor them just a bit more. And, I noticed that at the end of this year, I’ve been reading less. Therefore, one book a week is an easy goal to achieve.
- Write in my Journal More: I want to really begin to make journaling a regular habit of mine, because it’s really helpful as an outlet. Furthermore, I just want to write more creatively as a whole. I want to write more fiction and poetry as well, because writing is a great way to relieve stress.
- Declutter/Get Organized: Reorganizing my house is a huge priority of mine. I have so much clutter that it’s not even funny. One of my goals is to clean out and get rid of as much junk as possible, especially since I am planning to move in the next few years. Having less clutter is something that will take a while, so if I take it off piece by piece, it’s something that could be done.
- Save More Money: In the past year, I’ve learned so much about money. I’ve learned how to save and am trying to limit my spending. In the new year, I want to add to my savings, and just try to be more frugal.
- Blog: This last one is just me trying to grow my blog, meet bloggers, and just try to have a larger following.
What are your resolutions? Let me know in the comments below.